Monday, March 16, 2009

Money-Saving Monday (Things that make you go Cha-Ching! Edition)

cha-ching: The sound that a cash register makes when its drawer is closed after money has been put inside. Used in conversation to indicate that the person being spoken about is going to or already has made quite a profit at little expense. (urbandictionary.com)

One of my favorite ways to save money is to take advantage of every possible offer that will let me earn money for little or no effort. I'm a sucker for 30 day free trials (and have only been scammed once...but that's a story for another time.) Last night, I signed up with Nielsen TV ratings to keep track of our tv viewing for a week for $30. Mail-in Rebates? I'm there.

The way I see it, by signing up for these offers, I'm earning free money. And who doesn't like that?

So for this edition of Money-Saving Monday, I thought I'd let you in on my favorite 'free money' sites. Sign up for these and you'll be saying, "Cha-Ching!" in no time.

MyPoints: Earn points by reading e-mails, signing up for offers, and shopping through their site. Then redeem the points for gift certificates from their extensive list of merchants. I've been a MyPoints member for years and have earned hundreds of dollars of gift certificates. Right now, I consider MyPoints to be my home furnishings savings for when we buy a home. Go to mypoints.com to sign up, or better yet leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will send you a referral and earn 250 points!

Search & Win

Swagbucks: I just signed up for this site, but am pretty excited about it because of all the buzz. It's an online search engine that rewards you for searching online. It's very easy to sign up for and once you download the toolbar, you'll start earning points just by searching the web. After only 45 points earned, you can get a free Amazon gift card. Or at 50 points, you can get a Starbucks gift card. There are dozens of other prizes, too. You can also earn points by referring your friends. You'll not only instantly earn more points when they sign up, you'll also earn points for the searching they do online. What are you waiting for? Sign up now!


Upromise: Sign up with your grocery or drug store card and save money for college as you shop. The savings are a little slow, but you can speed things up by signing up for monthly eCoupons and asking friends and family to sign up as well. Hey...it's free money!

Pampers Gifts to Grow: Earn points for every package of Pampers diapers or wipes that you buy. Use those points to earn a long list of rewards. Kind of makes me feel better about changing yet another messy diaper.
Coke Rewards: I like earning free stuff from products I already use. Since I happen to enjoy Diet Coke, I thought I might as well start earning something for it! Sign up for Coke Rewards or Pepsi Stuff, depending on your drink of choice. (Oh, yay! I just earned 2 swagbucks for googling Pepsi Stuff!)

There are so many more, but I think I'll stop for now. Leave me a comment if any of these sites make you say, "Cha-Ching!'

3 comments:

stephanie said...

I use My Points too :) Also I do the Eight O'Clock coffee Accumul8 Rewards program, if anyone buys their coffee: http://eightoclock.promo.eprize.com/accumul8/

Trina said...

Hey, I'll let you earn points by referring me! :) I'd be interested in swagbucks and mypoints, and my email is
trintjerenae (at) gmail (dot com)
This sounds exciting - thanks!

cynthia schneider said...

I just found you from another site . I want to thank you for all the Cha-Chings! I love them. I am still learning about swagbucks and they sound so... interesting! Thank you again. cindyspv@aol.com