Friday, March 27, 2009

Shopping Trip


CVS purchase: $.48

Walgreens purchase: $0

Target purchase: $.28

An entire afternoon to shop by myself: Priceless

Yep. It was a good day. After carefully planning my shopping outing this afternoon (with only a few minor setbacks involving computers and printers NOT cooperating...sigh), I dropped the boys off at Grandma Ehret's house and hit CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, and Aldi in a matter of 4 hours. (Oh...and found time to sit still for half an hour in the Target Starbucks enjoying a caramel macchiato. Love those gift cards!)

Tonight I will just share my CVS purchase. The others will have to wait. It was actually a very slow week at CVS, but that's Ok. Slow and simple is a good way to start for all you CVS virgins. (That was for you, Natalie!)

Here's what I got:

Transaction #1:
1 Crest Pro-Health: $2.49 with $1 off coupon/Earned $3.49 ECBs
1 Maybelline Instant Age Rewind *YES!*: $4.99 with $3 coupon/Earned $5 ECBs
1 York Peppermint Patty: (and yes...that wrapper is empty...yum) $.89

Transaction #2:
2 Johnson's Buddies Soaps: $.19 ea. with 2 $1 off coupons
1 bottle of Vitamin D: $2.99/Earned $2.99 ECBs

I used $8 in ECBs that I already had on the first transaction and then used $3.49 ECBs from the Crest Pro-Health on the second transaction.

TOTAL OOP (out of pocket): $.48
TOTAL ECBs to use next time: $7.99

Come back on Sunday when I will share my plan for your CVS steal deal of the week!

1 comment:

Briggs said...

Thanks! We CVS virgins need it slow and simple!
Was milk a good purchase for me???
Natalie