Wednesday, March 4, 2009

True Confessions of a Tired Busy Happy Mom

Lincoln just turned 6 months old. I'm running a 10-mile race in May with my cousin. Griffin asked if hot dogs were a vegetable the other day. I gave up Oprah for Lent. I am so looking forward to the end of Daylight Savings Time. I think the way they are doing American Idol this year is cheesy. At first, I was just going to give up ice cream. And why birds don't wear underwear. But then, I just made a chocolate cake instead. How do my children sense when I am up early? Lincoln used to sleep in the bathroom. Do they smell me? I just ate some chocolate cake for breakfast. Now he sleeps in Griffin's room. I'm doing just fine without her, thank you. I am in love with the children's play area at Wegman's. I'm not even Catholic. Is it ok to bribe my son with a fruit roll up to stay in bed? Wes and I have a secret. No, not Lincoln. I'm not pregnant. And why girls don't have beards. We'll tell you soon. So far, I have only run 3 miles. Griffin used to sleep in until 8:30 or 9. I'm pretty proud that I just taught myself how to cross off words. Arby's roastburgers are yummy. I am so looking forward to the end of Daylight Savings Time. Oops. I already said that. Griffin sings "Shot to the Heart" every day. All day long. I read a story about a mom with sextuplets last night. Is that wrong? I just noticed that Lincoln is working hard to push himself forward on the floor. I just got a whole bunch of free stuff from walgreens. When they were four months old, she and her husband turned off the baby monitor so they would learn to sleep through the night. I love to kiss my son's cheeks. They did. Let's see what Lincoln thinks about Baby Einstein. I guess I'm not as tired or busy as I thought I was. Actually, I've run more than 3 miles--just not all at once. He likes it. I cannot wait until I can sit out on my porch in the morning. Why didn't I think of making videos of pretty pictures and classical music? I promise I'm not pregnant.

15 comments:

Souper Suppers said...

I am more than a little nervous because this all makes perfect sense to me.

tamarahillmurphy.com said...

and you just made me break my Lent blog-reading fast. and you better call me about your secret. TODAY! and i'm jealous that you have more followers than me. and i need to go repent.

Anonymous said...

Your post reminds me of a hypertext novel i read in college called "Afternoon." Every time you read the book it would be different, the content didn't change but arranged in a different order.

You are creative...and cute. :0)
Thanks for the college memory!

Jeremy said...

I love how real your post feels... and the fact that it was just a 2 minute snapshot of what's happening ALL DAY LONG.

stephanie said...

I'll have to try out the Wegman's play area. It was good to see you yesterday!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! (and what's your secret, you better tell me!)

aekochis said...

Kaley, I just p... my pants (not really)because I was laughing so hard, then I started crying really hard, now I am laughing hysterically again...see what happens when you're pregnant?
Totally agree...best blog I've ever read :)
Are you sure you weren't meant to write a book?

Julie said...

Chocolate cake for breakfast and coffee! You are my kind of woman! and we turned the monitor off at 4 months too.. i knew they'd live, and i got a phenominal nights sleep every now and then. Thanks for sharing and totally making me laugh out loud for real!

casterline said...

oh I so agree.. best blog I have read! Your world sound so much like mine! but you write about it so much better!

Briggs said...

Quite creative! Can't believe Lincoln is 6 months old! Thanks for all the coupon/deals post lately. Got me several packs of Huggies!
How long will we have to wait for the secret? Hope it's not a big let down like the Bachelor finale!!!

Lula! said...

You are SO pregnant.

When did you turn into Beckie, COUPON QUEEN??? Clearly you've been to the School of Beckie.

I love it.

I need to kiss your boys. I need to hug you. I wish our crew would stop having babies so that we can all get together sometime before Giffin and Caroline start middle school. Seriously...

BPOTW said...

My brain runs in the exact same fashion. Do you ever accomplish anything in just one day? I don't. Please tell me your secret if you do.

And thanks for sharing with Best Posts of the Week!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm developing a headache now! :)

betty-NZ said...

It's all good. You will have lots of time to sleep when the kids are grown!

Laurel said...

How scary, I followed and understood your whole post. LOLOL, I have many days similar to that (only my preteen's questions are a little more personal than if a hot dog is animal/vegetable/mineral (I think it's mostly the 3rd).